Successful Fundraiser at Chattanooga Bar & Eatery

The Flying Squirrel, a Chattanooga bar and eatery, hosted a fundraiser for the SCCi on Wednesday, April 6.  The concept was simple.  SCCi was to invite as many people as possible to enjoy drinks and dinner, while the Flying Squirrel would give us 10% of their profits for the night.  In addition, a local organization named the Lamp Post Group, would match the total by 10% , totaling 20% of that evening’s profits.  SCCi was invited to set up promotional materials inside the restaurant and provide information about our organization.  We had a huge crowd of supporters and interested patrons.  We raised over $1,000 total for that night.  Many thanks to everyone who came out to support us.

Annual Member’s Meeting

5313320649_b712c31b11_oThe SCCi board of directors invites you to attend the 2016 annual members meeting on May 21, 2016  at John T. Dolberry Tumbling Rock Cave Preserve. The annual meeting will begin at 4 pm CST. The board will hold its quarterly business meeting on the preserve beginning at 1:00 pm CST. Both meetings are open to current SCCi members and their guests.

You and your guests are also invited to a cookout immediately following the annual meeting.

Members are also allowed to enjoy exploring the cave that day.  Members who intend on camping should email that preserve team at tumblingrock@scci.org. Camping is allowed on Friday and Saturday night. The preserve street address is 3407 County Road 111, Fackler, AL.

If you have questions or need more information, please call 423-771-9671 Ex 101 or send .an email to info@scci.org.

 

2016 Fricks Cave Member Appreciation Day

frickscaveSCCi is pleased to invite our members and their guests to the Fricks Cave Member Appreciation Day, February 27th from 9 am – 4 pm.

 

Throughout the year, Fricks Cave is closed to protect endangered bats and salamanders that live in the cave. On this ONE DAY ONLY, while the bachelor colony of bats is not present, the SCCi will open the cave to show our appreciation for our members. After exploring the cave, please join us around the fire for hot food and announcement of the winners of the 2nd Annual SCCi Photo and Video Contest!

This event is only open to current SCCi members and their guests.

Registration is closed for 2016. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

 

Schedule

9:00 AM – 4:00 PM: Cave open for visitation, assuming summer gray bat colony has not yet returned.

Note: SCCi Clean Caving Procedures will be strictly enforced! Fricks is a stream cave, please dress accordingly.

12:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Hot food will be available until supplies run out. Winners of the 2nd Annual SCCi Photo and Video Contest will be announced in the afternoon.

Camping on Friday night the 26th is available on the preserve. Signs will be posted directing you to campsites. For more information on camping or caving at Fricks Cave contact the preserve management team at fricks@scci.org or by calling ET Davis at 423-667-9946.

Questions:

Email us at admin@scci.org

Call us at (423) 771-9671 Ext 101

SCCi on TV (Watch the Video)

ET Davis and Sara Keys recently shared information on recreational caving and conservation with Ranger Nick on the Georgia Farm Monitor show. The show will air Nov 22 at 11pm and Nov 26 at 6pm on RFD-TV (DISH 231 and DirecTV 345) or you can watch it here. Big thanks to the Fricks Cave Preserve Management Team for making this happen.

3rd Annual SCCi Christmas Party Tickets Available Now!

TheChattanooganSCCi is happy to announce the 3rd Annual Christmas Party will be held December 5th, 2015 at The Chattanoogan Hotel in Chattanooga, TN. Past years have been a great time to visit with other cavers, celebrate SCCi’s accomplishments and take home some great made-by-caver crafts at the silent auction.

Buddy Lane will give a presentation on the discovery, exploration and history of caving at Run To The Mill Cave.

Tickets are $40 and includes dinner. Cash bar available. Space is limited so make your reservations today.